Saturday, February 3, 2007

update

Anne is recovering from the chemo, eating and walking - all very good signs. Her headaches are reducing in length and intensity and taking Marinol, oral THC derived from marijuana, has seemed to have greatly helped with the nausea so she is starting to eat. This is very important because as you can tell from the pictures, Anne has lost weight, and is not yet, but almost, at an all time adult low of about 133 (close to what she weighed when we first met when she was 19)

There was a cat scan and mri which showed a small gathering of sub dural fluid in her brain which was shown to be benign, not infected and probably a result of the spinal fluid extraction which occurred last week. This will clear on it's own and may have been responsible for the headaches and possibly nausea.

So, all systems go for her to begin rebuilding her immune system, go into remission and leave the hospital - the timing of that should be about 2 weeks, depending of course on how her blood work looks. Her spirits are good and she enjoys reading cards and blog entries. Unfortunately she can't receive wifi in UCSF so she is only getting blog pastes people have brought her printed out or on laptop. Cards sent c/o me or to her house in Graton will get to her.


Russell

Here's Rumi:


I've broken through to longing
Now, filled with a grief I have
Felt before, but never like this.
The center leads to love.
Soul opens the creation core.
Hold on to your particular pain.
That too can take you to God.

3 comments:

Ruthann said...

Dear Russell,

Thank you for these posts. The pictures of Anne in her process of letting go of her hair have moved me to tears.

I love being able to see her in her -- showing her courage and beauty.

Dear Anne, you are in my thoughts and prayers all the time! I hope I will be allowed to visit you in the next month if you are up to it. I send gentle hugs from me and Joe.

Love,
Ruthann

steveb said...

Anne most definitely looks like Annette Benning in the short-hair picture. Now she looks like a Buddhist nun, ready to ascertain whether the wind is moving the flag, or the flag is moving the wind (and to tell us that the mind is moving them both).

Well, that's what I thought...

Sharesa said...

Thanks Russell!!
I agree Anne does look like Annette Benning!
Anne, you look radiant! I second Ruthanns entry I know you will be strengthening and recovering, when you are ready to have a little chat on the phone or visit I will be there. There is a very long and beautiful train of love, light and prayers moving across the country and into the heavens with your name on it.
Much love,
Sharesa