Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Update from Anne

My dear friends and family,

It has been overwhelming, and transformative, to feel so much love and support. I am being cured of over self-sufficiency. It has been a time of heart opening. One evening I really got that I do not know a moment of my future now, and the deep preciousness of every relationship and every moment. Well, if this is what it takes…

Each day brings improvement, if not quite as quick as hoped for. My “numbers” rise, but not yet the big jump expected any day. Still, it is hoped I could be out as soon as Friday. To breathe fresh air again! And so many other pleasures. I will have to come to the clinic here twice a week for the first two weeks. Basically, they tell me the first day I really feel like myself again I will come back in for round two of chemo – 4-6weeks out. It should be considerably easier than round one.

Digestion still heading back on track, but my appetite is good. No weight gain yet. I have had a normal temperature for almost a day. I can walk the halls with vigor, but then hit the bed. Strange.

Many come in here with acute leukemia discovered in routing blood test, still feeling well. I now think I have had it for about six months, and rode it pretty far out.

Dennis’s mother still on this side, as far as I know, but I imagine is transitioning around now. Many family are there and it is very sweet.

With love and much gratitude,
Anne


Hannah and Monty,

So good to hear from you – let’s reconnect. Anne

P.S. From Russell: My last post had the numbers wrong. She had gone from .01 to .18 and needs to get to .5 to leave the hospital. )(I think this is correct?)

2 comments:

Ruthann said...

Dear Anne,

Wonderful to hear from you today. I check this website many times a day for news of you.

I do hope and pray that you get home on Friday, to smell the sweet Sonoma air--it is probably already spring there.

I hope we can speak soon if you are up to it.

All my love,
Ruthann

Amara Rose said...

Dearest Anne, Dennis, and Everyone,

It is so heartening to read of your journey and the great, multidimensional way you are embracing it all—this, as I know from personal experience, is how true, deep healing happens.

I have been debating whether or not to mention a book I've just finished reading, and yet the synchronicity of subject and timing is too great. A few days before I learned of your leukemia, I was guided to read "Grace and Grit," by Ken Wilber. I'd read an excerpt of this book in New Age Journal when it first came out (1991), as my own life was preparing to become a labyrinthine healing quest.

This is Wilber's only non "tome-like" book: an autobiographical account of the life and death of his beloved, Treya Killam Wilber. [Now you understand my reluctance to mention it; fearing a hailstorm of reproach from your friends and family.] The point here is that the outcomes are not necessarily at all the same; Treya came to hold the Light for immense integration of Being and Doing, the masculine and feminine principles, to generate compassion and integrity through her example, and in her passing gave all whom she touched a great gift. Also, she had breast cancer, which is a very different condition, and 20 years ago, when the world's evolution (and healing options) were in a radically different place.

Having said all this, I feel the book offers profound insight and inspiration—this is directed not so much to Anne, as to all of us around her.

I offer these thoughts from a full heart that sees your (Anne's) own radiant self glowing with good health to match the Love you've always shone (and shown) us all.

I look forward to being able to see you again—and to showing you my shaved head pictures from '03!

Much love and abundant blessings,
Amara