Monday, October 15, 2007

First Time Back to Anne's House

Probably one of the most difficult moments I have ever faced in my life was retuning to Anne's house on Sunday afternoon. The combination of heartache and emptiness I felt was searing and I don't really know how I managed to get through it. My two youngest Nick and Sofia were there along with Lucy, Owen, Nancy, Russell, Angela, and Leslie. We had just finished a birthday brunch for Lucy's 19th at Russell's and went to Anne's to sort through "stuff ". The mood was not somber and was in fact light. The sun was shining and the kids and the party added a bit of festivity to the day. I know that is what Anne wanted for Lucy and everyone. I felt her spirit there right in the middle of everything but I needed to see her smile, to hear her voice, and feel the touch her hand in mine. It is so hard to grasp this reality. It just doesn't fit into anything I can make sense of. And yet that may be the very thing that will alter my view of life in ways I could never experience otherwise. I just don't know what they are. At least not yet. It may take a very long time but I have learned to be patient, especially for life's important lessons. They're worth it.

I have gained a good deal of strength from the continuous support given through the comments left here, emails, phone calls and cards. It lifts my spirits to hear about how Anne had touched your lives, as she did (and still does) mine. With that in mind, I would like to put together a collection of stories about Anne. So, I am asking whoever would like to contribute a story (not too lengthy) , to either send an email or put as a comment here or mail me letter with some thing you remember about being with Anne. A funny story, how she influenced you, made you mad, how you met, description of how she looked one day. I believe it will be an important part of the healing process and a wonderful gift for Owen, Lucy, Mary-Brent, Harry and me. If you have a photo that is part of the story that would be great. For those of you who are coming to the Anne's life-celebration on 11/4 please bring your story with you. You may want to share it.

The Anne's life-celebration will be held on Sunday, November 4th at 2:00 pm, at Graton Hall on the corner of Graton Rd. and S. Edison. It is easy to find and is near Anne's house.
Get on route 116 West through and past Sebastopol about 5 miles (not sure of the millage) turn left at Graton road (traffic light). Down the hill to the stop sign and the hall is on the right.
It would be helpful to have a count of people who intend to come. Food and drinks will follow at around 3:30.

My email is.... dennisp@sbcglobal.net

Street address:
Dennis Puorro
231 16th Avenue
San Francisco, CA 94118

Love to All,

Dennis

No comments: