Friday, November 23, 2007

Thanksgiving / Anne Bocchino Gift Fund

I am not certain if anyone is checking the blog any longer but just in case I thought I would write about the first of the holidays, Thanksgiving. It was no surprise that with each day closer to the holiday I felt an exponential increase in the heaviness in my heart. The celebration was at Russell's where it was last year. Last year's celebration was the first official holiday Anne and I celebrated as a couple. It was when I learned that being a "push 6" Anne was the first one up to clear the table and clean the kitchen. She made a subtle comment about my videoing the clean up activities with the implication that I was not actually involved in helping. I chose to ignore her carefully worded statement and am glad I did as it is the only video of her that I have. Yesterday was quite lovely in spite of my heavy heart. There was an over abundant and sumptuous meal prepared by the young adults and a few of us old folks. Owen cooked the turkey,Lucy baked pies made mashed potatoes and yams, Suzie made rolls from scratch Tally made vegetable dishes.They spent two days preparing this incredible meal. I know Anne was excited by the quantity and abundance of flavors. We spoke our gratitude for one another and toasted Anne. There was a place for her at the table. What took two days to prepare was consumed in about 30 minutes save dessert which came after the slide shows and cleanup.
There was certainly an air of joy at the end of the day. I am certain Anne was part of it all and smiling the entire time but I did miss her so as did everyone there.

I am debating whether or not to continue writing on the blog. I suppose if no one is reading it then it serves only as an outlet for me. That's OK, but it changes the purpose.
Any thoughts???

A fund has been set in Anne's name at UCSF. All donations collected will be distributed to families who need financial assistance while coping with blood diseases such as leukemia.
It is called the Anne Bocchino Gift Fund and is being managed by UCSF
If you wish to make a tax deductible donation checks can be made to UCSF in any amount and mailed to me. I will forward them to UCSF in bulk to the fund.

Dennis Puorro
231 16th Ave.
San Francisco, CA 94118

Love to all,

Dennis

2 comments:

Ruthann said...

Thank you for this, Dennis. I have written to you via email.

Much love,
Ruthann

Ruthann said...
This comment has been removed by the author.